5 Things to Read
- “The Test Anatomy” goes into the basics explain anti-patterns in unit tests;
- “Test Types” tells us about different types of tests that complements unit tests, with focus on the Test Pyramid (Consumer-Driven Contracts is particulary interesting);
- “Measuring Test Effectiveness” talks about code coverage (take a look at the Mutation Testing section);
- “CI & Other Quality Measures” goes into how to incorporate tests into the building process.
- A process has no name
- Tristan Harward discusses about the benefit of not naming same things that we do. Weird? It seemed to me as well, but Tristan convinced me otherwise…
- Breaking the Test Case Addiction
- Part 1 of 3 of a blog series by Michael Bolton, discussing how to move from test cases to other forms of traceability, both increasing flexibility and clarity, but without loosing confidence in coverage.
- The Bed of Procrustes by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
An animated video summary of the book of aphorism of Nicholas Taleb. My two favorite?
- “A good maxim allows you to have the last word without even starting a conversation.”
- “You can tell how uninteresting a person is by asking him whom he finds interesting.”
- Another one of those awesome GitHub lists! This one comes with a series of tasks, concepts and tips on how to move towards becoming great programmer, from algorithms knowledge to tips on text editor configuration and soft skills.
Get all of new posts via RSS