5 Things to Read
- On the Impact of Programming Languages on Code Quality
- Great paper from the Cornell University where GitHub projects in eleven different languages are analysed regarding bugs.
- The 5 unit testing guidelines
- Quick tips to keep unit tests clean and useful.
- Unit Testing Code Boundaries
- Unit testing at the boundaries (external system and standard libraries) of an application is hard and ends up creating integrated tests (a scam). Ashley Bye give us some tips how to deal with tests in these areas.
- The Complete Guide to Deep Work
- Be able to concentrate in a task essential to get things done, and the world runs in ways to make it harder and harder. The tips here may help you to mitigate these difficulties.
- Types and Tests
- Uncle Bob discusses the relation of unit tests and type systems: Can a type system eliminate the necessity for unit tests? Is creating tests easier in static or dynamic languages?
Get all of new posts via RSS