Subscribe to our RSS here.
5 Things to Read
- Aaron Shekey - Building dark mode on Stack Overflow
- A couple of weeks ago Stack Overflow released its dark mode feature. Very nice job, although I personally haven’t enabled it, because I use the Dark Reader Chrome extension to create dark mode on every site. Anyway, this blog post is a walk on the development process that Stack Overflow passed. Interesting to see the different iteractions and analysis to reach the best work possible. Kudos to Stack Overflow frontend folks!
- Charles Proxy Rewrite Tool
- Charles Proxy serves to help with network analysis and recording. I prefer it over Wireshark for its ease of to use, slightly better IMO. If you use Charles, you may not know (as I didn’t until a few days ago) about the Rewrite tool, which allows you to modify requests and responses as they pass through Charles. Very useful for mocking behavior.
- MoT - What is the key element you include when building a test strategy?
- A thread of the Ministry of Testing Club discussing testing strategy. Worth going through everything.
- Ask HackerNews - Programs that saved you 100 hours?
- Many people on Hacker News discussing about alternative software that helped them to be more productive.
- Señor Performo & Joe Colantonio - Why Performance Testing is NOT Load Testing
- Joe Colantonio started holding weekly online meet-ups about everything automation. The first encounter is with Leandro Melendez (Señor Performo), talking about what is Load and Performance Testing. The second half is a Q&A where Leandro discusses many other aspects of Performance Testing.