5 Things to Read
- “The Test Anatomy” goes into the basics explain anti-patterns in unit tests;
- “Test Types” tells us about different types of tests that complements unit tests, with focus on the Test Pyramid (Consumer-Driven Contracts is particulary interesting);
- “Measuring Test Effectiveness” talks about code coverage (take a look at the Mutation Testing section);
- “CI & Other Quality Measures” goes into how to incorporate tests into the building process.
- A process has no name
- Tristan Harward discusses about the benefit of not naming same things that we do. Weird? It seemed to me as well, but Tristan convinced me otherwise…
- Breaking the Test Case Addiction
- Part 1 of 3 of a blog series by Michael Bolton, discussing how to move from test cases to other forms of traceability, both increasing flexibility and clarity, but without loosing confidence in coverage.
- The Bed of Procrustes by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
An animated video summary of the book of aphorism of Nicholas Taleb. My two favorite?
- “A good maxim allows you to have the last word without even starting a conversation.”
- “You can tell how uninteresting a person is by asking him whom he finds interesting.”
- Another one of those awesome GitHub lists! This one comes with a series of tasks, concepts and tips on how to move towards becoming great programmer, from algorithms knowledge to tips on text editor configuration and soft skills.